Thank you for participating in what will be the largest practice management study into Australian financial advice businesses ever conducted. Elixir Consulting (in conjunction with our implementation colleagues in our GSD Lab) have created this research study so that we can enable advisers (and the people who serve them) to benefit from the collective wisdom of the advice profession. We’re ‘lifting the lid’ on how firms conduct their business, to discover what’s working well and what’s holding some firms back from achieving their true potential.
The information we gather will form a series of reports and solutions that will assist advice firms to understand more effective ways to structure their teams and organisational design for a sustainable business. We’ll also uncover valuable information to assist firms to improve their pricing through deeper knowledge of the qualitative elements of effective pricing models.
The research will be conducted through a series of online surveys and in-person interviews, with participants who play a variety of roles in advice firms, including multi-disciplinary advice firms (those who also provide accounting and/or risk and/or finance and other services). This survey is not intended to be completed by licensees, product providers or insurance companies. As you enter the survey, you will be presented with questions that are specifically tailored to your role type. We expect the survey to take roughly 20 minutes to complete.
We encourage you to share this survey with other colleagues who perform a different role within your business, and other advice firms.
To bring this project to light, we’re grateful for the sponsorship support from a number of organisations. It’s important to note that we will not release the raw data collected or your contact details to any person or entity outside of Elixir Consulting, including sponsors, unless you provide express written permission to do so.
As we release different research reports from this data, we’ll be sure to send you a copy, so you can benefit from the experience and generosity of your colleagues in this noble profession.
The information we’re collecting in the Elixir Practice Management Research Study of 2023 is significant, and odds are, you and your team are going to rely on it to some degree to make some important decisions in your business. So will the other people we provide it to.
We know you’re sharing some sensitive info here, and we’ve found the best way to get everyone comfortable to do so is to enter into a serious legal agreement to protect each other. Even though this is just a ‘Next’ button you’re clicking on – you’re seriously agreeing to the legal stuff and binding us to our obligations – so please read the following bullets. It’s not complex, but is it important!
By participating in the Elixir Consulting Practice Management Research Survey 2023 (“Survey”), you agree to the following terms:
- Participation in this survey is voluntary, free, and open to all employees of financial advice businesses throughout Australia aged 18 years or over, except employees of Elixir Consulting and their immediate families, as well as anyone else connected with the Survey.
- You will answer the survey questions honestly, providing accurate and complete information to the best of your ability.
- Confidentiality: The information collected by Elixir Consulting will only be disclosed in the context of research findings. Your identity and the identity of your business will not be disclosed to any person outside of Elixir Consulting, (including staff, contractors, and directors), unless you provide written permission to be quoted as a case study.
- Elixir Consulting and its associated agencies shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Survey, the prize draw, or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Terms & Conditions of the Prize Draw
- All valid survey respondents will receive one entry into the prize draw. To be considered a valid survey respondent, you must complete all questions that are presented to you and adhere to your declaration of complete and accurate information.
- Elixir Consulting will conduct a random prize draw on the 9th of October 2023, using a computerised random selection process. The first five valid entries drawn will each win a prize.
- Elixir Consulting will publish the first names of the prize winners on their LinkedIn and Facebook pages and notify the winners by email within two days of the prize draw. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Elixir Consulting reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative winner.
- The prize pool consists of the following prizes:
- 1 x student enrolment in the Practice Managers Training Program, valued at $2,495
- 1 x new Apple iPhone 14 Pro, valued at $1,749
- 1 x $1,000 Red Balloon gift voucher
- 1 x reMarkable 2 tablet, with Marker and Folio, valued at $817
- 1 x $500 Endota Spa gift voucher
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash, or transferable for an alternative prize.
For any enquiries regarding the research survey or these Terms and Conditions, participants can contact Elixir Consulting at 1300 683 680 or [email protected]