I had one of those reminders today to slow down and enjoy every day, rather than focusing on deadlines and to-do lists.
It occurred to me that many of our clients could also do with the reminder, so whilst this isn’t a post with business tips, it might get you to slow down a moment…
You know how you get those annoying emails from people that say you must pass this onto 8 people to make their day, blah blah blah?
Once in a while my Mum forces me to look at one that is actually a gem, and one that stood out to me today urged me to share it, so here it is – and I couldn’t help but attach a photo of my son – he turned 7 last week and when we went into his room to check on him after lights out, we discovered that he had snuck his lamp back on and lined up all his new Lego that he got for his birthday.
What a great reminder of the sheer bliss of childhood!
So here are ten tips to Staying Young (author unknown):
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them, that’s why you pay them.
- Don’t take on the worries of others, or dwell on your own.
- Keep Learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever…never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop. And the devil’s name is Alzheimers.’
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- Let the tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire lives is ourselves. Be ALIVE when you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, music, plants, hobbies. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health. If it’s good, preserve it. If it’s unstable, improve it. If it’s beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next town, to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
And Always remember: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
If you want to read some more serious steps to staying mentally and physically young, check out realbuzz.com